Join professional photographer José Sarmento Matos for a Leica Akademie workshop.
Learn how to control available light while shooting a story on everyday life in Sheffield. José will work with the attendees on their street photography skills in order to produce a coherent one-day series / story. The attendees will work on their exposure, framing, composition, and the ability to approach subjects in the street.
– Half an hour briefing on how to make a coherent street photography series of 10 images (discussion will include framing, how to anticipate the decisive moment and controlling the available light in one location before shooting). José will talk about one of his most recent street series and his documentary work, and draw a parallel between the two.
– Half an hour discussing the attendees’ work and their perspectives – (the attendees are asked to bring a 5 photo selection with a street photography theme that they have worked on before, and a list of 5 things that they find challenging in their street photography).
– Leica M discussion (getting started / insider tips)
– Going out shooting for 3 hours with a Leica M – (a camera body and lens will be made available to you for the duration of the workshop)
– Return to base at Harrison Cameras. Attendees have 30 minutes to make a 30 photo edit
– José will help each attendee deliver a final 10 photo story. The whole group will participate and discuss this process.
A Leica expert will also be in attendance for this workshop. Refreshments provided / Lunch not included
This workshop is held at our Sheffield Store on London Road on the 28th January 2017 between 11am and 5pm.
The price for this workshop is £95. Spaces are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
Click here to book your place now and for more information.
The post Mastering Light with a Leica M Workshop – 28th Jan 2017 appeared first on Harrison Cameras Blog.